Saturday, August 10, 2013

Music is the Heart of the Soul

August 10, 2013

Sing to the Lord a New Song!

Good morning everyone,

It is a nice sunny day here in T-town.  I should be out walking our dog.
Instead, I am at my computer trying to catch up on emails and other things.

I praise God every day for a number of things.  Today, I thank God that
I can go to the church of my choice, play my guitar with the rest of our group,
and sing songs and hymns and spiritual songs. 

I belong to our contemporary band that we have had at our church for
a number of years.  My friend taught me how to play the guitar.  It's a lot of
fun and very inspirational.  We consist of a Piano player, a drum player,
2 flute players, 4 guitar players, and a rhythm instrument player, etc. 

I love traditional music but I also love contemporary music that is not too
hard rock.  That is us. 

We play the 2nd weekend of every month.  We play at 5:00 p.m. on Saturday night
and at 9:00 a.m. on Sunday morning and we practice at 3:30 p.m. on Saturday.

It's always fun and enjoyable and brings a smile to my face. 

So when you go to church tonight/tomorrow, lift up your voice and sing and worship
with a smile on your face and a pep in your step and enjoy the music around you and
understand that God is there in the midst of you.

Have a wonderful day!

Sally




No comments: