Saturday, August 3, 2013

"Christ in Our Home"

I read from a devotion book called, "Christ in Our Home."  There are times
when I also read from "Our Daily Bread."

Today's devotion comes from Colossians 3:1-11. 

I read it and this passage tells me to seek those things which are
from above where Christ is sitting with the Father.

The devotion tells me not to lie and that we all lie at some point.
We save people's feelings, we avoid confrontation.  We save ourselves
from uncomfortable situations, etc. 

So then, I didn't like this very much so I read the rest of Colossians 3.
I felt much better because if we put on love and share it and listen to
Christ dwelling in us, we will be blessed and we will sing spiritual
songs and sing to the Lord with grace in our hearts. 

The Lord forgives us when we ask him and are sorry for our sins.

I challenge you all to read Colossians 3 and come up with your own
understanding of the Lord and what he wants for us.

Have a wonderful Saturday and I'll be back again soon.

Sally

No comments: