Thursday, October 3, 2013

Autumn 2013


October 3, 2013

Hello Family and Friends,

This morning it was raining and this afternoon, it is hot and muggy outside.  The weather guys are promising nice, cool, sunny weather on Saturday which will require us to wear lightweight jackets to the Renaissance Festival in Bonner Springs, KS.  We love to celebrate our anniversary at the Renaissance Festival.  We even dress up to go.

I love the Autumn Season.  It is one of our favorite times of the year.  I love the leaves changing colors, the hot apple cider, the apple pies, the decorated pumpkins, beef stew, etc.

I love the cool, crisp mornings with pumpkin spice coffee from my Keurig coffee maker.

It's time to thank God for all our blessings which are many. 

I am going to my friend's house from work to discuss "The Truth Project".  We view the video first and then discuss some of it and then gather in prayer.  It is a very good series.

I will be retiring on Friday, November 15th.  I am so looking forward to it.  Myron and I will then become members of the SW Ymca.  We will then have to learn how to get out of each other's hair when it is necessary.  I have a short fuse sometimes when asking Myron about blogging or computer things that he knows so well.  Sometimes we are just not on the same page.  Once we get on the same page, things are much better.  Myron asked me, are you going to let me help you without yelling at me?  I say yes and all is well with the world.

Have a Happy Fall Season everyone.  Enjoy!!

1 comment:

Lorri said...

Hi Sally! How's retirement been for you?
I know you haven't posted here in a very long time. I'm not very good at finding my way around on these sites. Myron lets me know when he puts up a new blog but I don't usually find it! I'm learning!
So, Randy and I are here in Willis TX. North of Houston by Lake Conroe. We've been settling in since the end of Nov 2016. :-)
Learning our way around the area. His son lives 45 minutes away and my daughter is 2 1/2 hours over by Austin. An easy drive. Much better than the 11 -12 hours from Topeka!
Praying for peace for our country, and health for our family and friends! God is in control amen