Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Gardening in Topeka, KS

May 4, 2010
Tuesday

It is another beautiful morning in Topeka, KS. I am an amateur gardener who loves to plant flowers, veggies, etc.

Our backyard area for gardening is a mess. It needs to be cleaned up and rototilled in order for me to plant my tomatoes and a few other veggies. I like to plant cucumbers, tomatoes, some lettuce. I also would like to plant some pumpkins and zucchini; however, the squash bugs descend upon those veggies and ruin my pumpkins and zucchini. I need to learn how to successfully spray so I will not have those bugs sucking the stems dry and leaving the produce to rot.

I don't have a lot of time this morning to dig up weeds as I have to go to my 3-month checkup at the doctor's office. Then, I will be off to the YMCA for Meals on Wheels (lunch for the ambulatory folks) and then work at noon.

Hopefully, I can have a little time this evening to play outside a little.

Have a great day everyone! Enjoy the outdoors, sunshine and your day! :)

Praise God for his bountiful beauty and goodness!

No comments: