Saturday, April 17, 2010

Sally's First Scriptural Blog

April 13, 2010

Scripture Verse for the Day:

Philippians 4:13

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens Me.

For some of us, we tend to think that we can't do everything that Jesus wants us to do and we have negative attitudes about things and we whine that we can not do it. When we let Jesus enter our hearts and our minds, we can do anything through Him if we just ask.

We can plant flowers. We can climb mountains if we ask him. We can help our neighbor by being kind, by doing them a favor if they need it. We can feed the hungry by donating food to the local food pantry. We can visit the sick. We can even pray for others as well as ourselves in times of need.

These are things Jesus calls us to do.

Spring is the best time of the year for me along with the autumn season of the year.

There is a young couple in church that would like to start a community garden at church. I am thinking of being in this group. I might learn something new that I don't already know. Then, too, I may be able to use some of my wisdom and share that with the group.

I am an amateur gardener. There are still a lot of things I need to learn how to do and grow. I love to plant flowers and veggies for my garden. I love to walk with my friends at the Farmer's Market in downtown Topeka.

This weekend, my husband and two friends will be taking a road trip to Henry's Plant Farm which is a little bit west and south of us. We have never been there so we are looking forward to a fun little trip and time for friendship and conversation. We will be purchasing plants and maybe some veggies to put in the garden that will be ready to plant now.

I told my hubby (he is not a shopper) if he didn't want to look at plants that he could walk around the garden area they have there and enjoy the country air. Maybe he can read a book on a garden bench for a while.

Have a great weekend everyone. Smile, it is a healthy thing for you to do. You may make someone else's day and give them some of your sunshine!! :)

No comments: