Saturday, April 17, 2010

Mark's Birthday

April 17, 2010

Our younger son, Mark, is 36 today! My, where does the time go. My mom always told me time flies by the older you get. I truly believe that now that I am older myself.

Mark was born at Stormont Vail Hospital at 1:55 p.m. in the afternoon. He was 8 lbs. and 4 oz. I'm sorry to say, without looking at his baby book, I can not remember how tall he was at birth. He is over 6 foot now. What joy there was at our home when we brought him home. In those days, you stayed in the hospital a few days before you had to come home. That was nice. You could bond with your baby a little while and enjoy him being with you.

Mark is a fun loving son and I like to think he takes after me quite a bit. He loves to laugh with me when we watch something funny together. He will laugh out loud where his Dad just chuckles to himself sometimes. We enjoy going to see Science Fiction type movies (Startrek, Starwars, Avatar). We also enjoy good movies that involve true life stories like Blind Side or Romantic comedies or some that are slapstick, silly and fun to watch.

Mark is an artist and loves to doodle with some fun pictures of art. I would call it somewhat modern art.

Today, we plan to go to the downtown area and view some art work by different folks and see what they have to offer. I know we will have a fun time meandering and enjoying the sites of the downtown area. Topekans are trying to revamp the downtown area and make it attractive for visitors to come and enjoy.

Myron and I will then take him out to the restaurant of his choice and have dinner. Then Myron has a surprise for him later.

Being pregnant with my two boys was the best time of my life. I never had morning sickness except maybe one time. I did have a bad backache though. The backache was the only thing that bothered me. I feel bad for some of the new moms now that have such morning sickness that they have to take medication to help keep their stomachs settled.

Have a great day everyone and enjoy the view wherever you are and whatever you are doing.

1 comment:

Myron Holter said...

very nice blog my love

myron@myownfaith2.com